Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Mom's 80th

Mom's 80th birthday was September 29.  Reflecting back on the sweet life she's lived, I think of some of the things she has taught me over the years.
  • She taught me to trust the Lord...no matter what.
  • She taught me that "all things work for good, for those who are called according to His purpose." 
  • She taught me how to do a lot with a little.
  • She taught me to make meals and share them with others.
  • She taught me how to welcome.
  • She taught me how to love.
  • She taught me how to comfort.
  • She taught me how to care.
  • She taught me that the first will be last, and the last will be first.
  • She taught me to care for my spouse (in good times AND in tough times).
These lessons were all taught, not so much with words as by example.  I haven't mastered all the lessons she taught...but it wasn't because she failed to model them.

There have been lots of folks that have called, sent cards, shared meals to help Mom celebrate.  I am thankful for each and every one of her friends that took a moment from their day to wish her a Happy Birthday.

Here are a few pictures of the celebrations:

Friends met at Spring Creek on her birthday.
Mom's friend, Leslie, FaceTimed her from Croatia where she's doing a study abroad trip.
Last weekend we did a girls' getaway.  Mom, Mary, Jodie, Cori & I went & spent Saturday & Sunday at a fun, remote little bed & breakfast not far from home.  We enjoyed some sitting around the table eating & visiting time.  It was such a relaxing time to catch up & enjoy each other! Perhaps we'll make it an annual event.





No comments: